The guiding mission of the Wheeler County Board of Education is to provide every student with an opportunity to receive a quality education and graduate from high school betterprepared for life in the 21st Century.
Wheeler County Board of Education Goals
- Foster a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Make decisions based on what is best for the students.
- Ensure students receive an education that builds character and prepares for life.
- Increase student achievement in academic areas in accordance with accountability benchmarks while expanding educational opportunities.
- Increase the high school graduation rate in accordance with accountability benchmarks.
- Continue to improve fiscal practices and procedures to maintain a strong financial base.
- Recruit, develop and retain a highly qualified workforce.
- Enhance educational programs through increased community involvement.
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Implement the Standards for the Local Board of Education.
Wheeler County Board of Education Beliefs
ü The Board believes parents/legal guardians, students, teachers, staff and administrators, board members, state and local elected officials, and the community share in the success of each individual student and the school system as a whole and, therefore, strives to create and nurture a collaborative relationship among all stakeholders.
ü All students can achieve and deserve an equal opportunity for a quality education.
ü The Board of Education must ensure that the school system is providing the best educational opportunities for all of its students.
ü A wide range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities affords students, families and employees additional opportunities for intellectual, social, physical, and emotional growth.
ü There is value in diversity, and every student is endowed with unique talents and entitled to mutual respect.
ü Schools must prepare students to live productively in a rapidly changing society and world.
ü Commitment to and participation in public education by all citizens are critical to the future of the school system and to the community.
ü The quality of life in our community is significantly influenced by the quality of our school system.